National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA)
The National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA) is America's leading Defense Industry association promoting national security. It is a non-partisan, non-profit association headquartered in Arlington, Virginia. The Iowa-Illinois Chapter, as an arm of the national association, provides geographic coverage for Iowa and the western 1/3 of Illinois, furthering the national objectives and policies. Our mission is to:
- Advocate cutting edge technology and superior weapons, equipment, training andsupport for the Warfighter and First Responder
- Promote a vigorous, responsive, Government-Industry National Security Team
- Provide an ethical and legal forum for the exchange of information between Industryand Government on National Security issues.
Our Chapter, started in 1945, is dedicated to a strong national defense through industrial preparedness. We particularly have a long history (see "Chapter History") of focused efforts in support of the industrial base, both private and government's organic capabilities. We locally accomplish this support primarily by facilitating the open exchange of ideas among government and industry on topical issues through seminars and symposiums we host. Those direct activities coupled with our other community involvement provide a heightened awareness of our Chapter and its mission. The following listing synopsizes both our Chapter's areas of focus and level of involvement:
- 9th Annual (i-Wireless Center) Midwest Small Business Government Contracting Symposium, 25-26 May 2016
- Army Sustainment Command (ASC) Advanced Planning Briefing for Industry (APBI) Aug 2011, Aug 2010,& Aug 2009
- AMC/JMC Safety Training Workshop; 25-27 Aug 2009
- SPONSORSHIP OF COMMUNITY EVENTS/DONATIONS
- Army Birthday Ball, Wounded Warrior, Navy Birthday Ball, Honor Flight, Soldier Show, Holiday Ball, AUSA, Project Healing Waters, VA Hospital gifts, Jason's Box, etc.
- Over $29,000 in the last 5 years; over $110,000 in last 14 years
- SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM (~6-10 ANNUALLY)
- $130,000 in last 7 years (thru FY2016)
- NDIA funded STEM Scholarship through QCESC - $13000 in last seven years
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) Initiatives
- Chapter STEM POC (also is current representative to the Quad Cities Engineering and Science Council (QCESC))
- Other STEM activities through donations of time and dollars
- Engineering Kids Summer Camp
- QC Elite FIRST Robotics team
- Putnam Museum STEM Center
- FIRST LEGO League Robotics Team
We invite you to join our Chapter's 850+ industry and government members and make a difference.